Friday, July 18, 2014

The Rug, Part 2

I've been spending a couple of hours each day this week on the rug.  While the tension isn't perfect, it's still working!  You can see how wonky it is as it goes up the warp, but I'm learning and the next one will be better.  Hopefully, by the time I've made a few, I'll be a pro.

I have to concentrate on painting next week, but I'll keep adding to this as much as I can each day. My goal is to have it done by the end of August.  We shall see….

By Thursday evening...

Close-up of the design.  Wonky white area, getting straighter now as I go..

Today's progress.  1/8" left of the red square, which was my goal for the week; have to finish before I can go to bed!  

This is the back side of the piece.  Not as wonky from the back as the front.  I'll probably hang it this way!  The random design between the brown and white is fun to do.  

No comments: