Monday, December 1, 2014

Avoidance...

There is one paper left to write and it is standing between me and a degree!  I have this week to wrap it up and get it submitted, but seem to be having difficulties getting the job done.  You know the drill, most likely.  You know you have a job to do, but end up looking at Facebook, checking email, researching some idea you've been wondering about; sigh…  You'd think I was 8 instead of someone's grandmother.

Trying to find creative inspiration through a sketch or simple painting often helps me begin to work up enthusiasm for a project
Avoidance seems to be my speciality this week.  I'm creatively constipated.  (sorry about the little metaphor here, but it does seem appropriate)  Sometimes I do the same thing when I haven't worked out all of the details of a painting.  I can find so many things to do instead of getting to work!

We are planning a tiny house to build.  This is my way of thinking through the process and of course this morning I had more ideas to add.
So far today I've gone for a nice, brisk walk.  I've worked on an organizational project in my sketchbook (so much more fun than doing it in real life) and had a nice, hot bowl of posole.  Even though I was already full.  Now here I am, posting on my blog.  However, there is a method to my madness here.  If I don't put anything up for a few days, don't worry, I have not been kidnapped.  Neither have I gotten lost amongst the cacti.  I've just run out of excuses, rolled up my sleeves and gotten to work on this dang paper. I will be back.  I will be back with a painting if I have anything to say in the matter.  Have a great week!


Cleaning out closets is way more fun on paper than in the actual closet!  This killed a good hour of my morning. 



4 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Your procrastination is our gain - we get so see these beautiful little pieces you've done instead of writing! Good luck on knuckling down and getting it done - one last hurdle and you are there!!!

Alice Jo Webb said...

Ha! So glad you like them!

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

Get to work! Although I enjoyed your sketches, I would love to see you post that you got your degree.

Alice Jo Webb said...

I'm working!