Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Back in the Saddle Again!

It's been since the middle of October since I have had time to paint.  I've been saying all along that I've been too busy getting an art degree to create much art and it's the truth!   Today I can paint for the joy of it.  I've spent a few days getting the studio excavated and now I'm ready to go again.  

I wanted pictures of the show with people in them to give the scale of the work for my portfolio.  One of these days I'll have time to submit it to galleries! That's my mom, can you tell?

It has taken some days of rest from the push to get papers turned in and finals done to even generate the creative energy to want to paint, but I can feel it creeping into my bones this morning.  This is an exciting time!

Going to hang this in my studio to remind me to keep setting goals

The hardest part of today will be to decide what idea to start with; I have so many ideas jumbled up in my head wanting to find expression.  What a problem to have, huh?  If anybody needs me, I'll be in the studio, practicing my craft.  Happily.  

Me, free as a bird


3 comments:

Juliana said...

I need a writing studio...one with no phone service.

It's amazing how different the paintings look when I see them with people and get a sensed their scale!

Have a wonderful time painting!

Alice Jo Webb said...

Thanks for looking in!

RH Carpenter said...

These paintings are timeless representatives of the natural beauty of your state and I definitely can see them in a gallery. Congratulations on your accomplishment, and what a joy to have too many ideas for paintings! I know we'll be seeing more beauties from you soon.